Tips & Tricks
- Show all articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
Windows 10 Quick Assist
0 out Of 5 Stars
Microsoft Quick Assist is a tool that enables you to receive or provide assistance by allowing two people to share a computer over a remote connection. Using these tips, you will learn how to log in and use for you to have a remote session with your support or with your colleague.
How to open Quick Assist
- Click on Start button.
- Select Windows Accessories.
- Select Quick Assist.
Tip: you can also type Quick Assist on the search bar.
Quick Assist has two options: Get assistance and Give assistance.
- Get assistance – this is the option that you need to select if you need assistance on your computer.
- Give assistance – select this option if you will be helping or providing support, and it will generate a code. This code should be provided to the user to start the remote session.
How to use Get assistance
- Open Quick Assist, type the six-digit code under Get assistance, then click Share screen.
- Click Allow (make sure the name matches the person giving assistance). This will start the remote session.
How to use Give Assistance
- Open Quick Assist, Click on Assist another person under Give assistance.
- Login using your company email address.
- It will show the six-digit security code, then share it to the person receiving assistance.
Note: The code must be entered before the timer expires. The code is valid for 10 minutes.
Learn more about Quick Assist: