Tips & Tricks
- Show all articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
Scan to OneDrive with PaperCut for the first time
0 out Of 5 Stars
The following steps will allow you to scan documents directly to your OneDrive school or business account via the PaperCut enabled Multifunction devices at most locations.
Step 1 – Use the Scan to OneDrive feature on an MFP
Scanning a document from a Multi-Function Printer (MFP) to your OneDrive storage by following these steps:
- Log in to any MFP.
- Select Scan on the PaperCut home screen.
- Choose OneDrive on the Scan Actions page.
- On the Scan Details screen, click Settings to edit the path in OneDrive where you wish to save the file, the file name, and the scan settings. Scan settings include colour mode, document type (PDF, Word, JPEG), ½ Sided Document, paper size, landscape/portrait mode, and DPI settings.
- Once all these settings were changed, press Start scanning or Scan to proceed.
Step 2 – Authorize the Scan
After scanning a document at an MFP for the first time, an email will be sent to the user who attempted a document scan. This email will request that the user log in to OneDrive for Business. This is completely safe as PaperCut requires one-time authorization to upload files to your OneDrive location.
To authorize the scan, follow these steps:
- On email, click Login to OneDrive for Business to continue and login with your work or school account.
- After you login, you will be presented a pop-up explaining the permissions needed to save your files to your OneDrive. Review the permissions then check Consent on behalf of your organization checkbox and click Accept.
- After agreeing to the permissions, you will be brought to a screen either telling you the authorization was successful or that an error occurred. If an error occurs, reach out to the IT help desk.
Step 3 – Continue Scanning Normally
After the one-time authorization, scanning to OneDrive will complete without any further prompts.
Every time a document is scanned to OneDrive, an email will be sent regarding the status of the upload and will provide a convenient link to access the document.
When viewing OneDrive through file explorer or Office.com, scans can be found in the /Apps/Scans for PaperCut MF folder in your OneDrive.
If this folder does not yet exist, it will be automatically created the first time a scan is sent to OneDrive.
0 out Of 5 Stars