Tips & Tricks
- Show all articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
Releasing an email from Microsoft 365 Quarantine
4.8 out Of 5 Stars
For organizations that have had Email Quarantine configured, Microsoft holds potentially dangerous or unwanted messages in a quarantine location to be manually released.
As a user, you can view, release, and delete quarantined messages where you are a recipient, and the message was quarantined as spam or bulk email. As of April 2020, you can view or delete quarantined phishing (not high confidence phishing) messages where you are a recipient. You view and manage your quarantined messages in the Security & Compliance Center or (if an admin has set this up) in end-user spam notifications.
How to find your quarantined messages in Outlook
- Go to https://protection.office.com/quarantine to open the quarantine page. You may receive daily emails which will give a summary of the messages in quarantine. If not, go straight to the web page to view the list.
- The page will automatically show the “review page.” If not, then you’ll need to sign in using your credentials.
- A list will appear of all the messages flagged as quarantine.
How to release your quarantined messages in Outlook
- Click the box next to a specific message. A tab will appear on the right with the options, then click Release message.
- Select Release message.
- Then click Done.
- Once released, the message will appear at the top of your inbox.