Tips & Tricks
- Show all articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
Mark up PDF files in Microsoft Edge
0 out Of 5 Stars
There will be times that you have to markup a PDF, highlight specific text, or annotate something. Instead of searching for a dedicated PDF reader, you can perform all of that inside the Microsoft Edge web browser.
Microsoft Edge comes with a built-in PDF reader that lets you open your PDF files and to annotate these files with ink and highlighting. You don’t need to download or install any add-ons or extensions to use Microsoft Edge’s PDF features. You can use them with most PDF files online, as well as those saved on your Windows 10 PC and Mac.
How to open PDF in Microsoft Edge
To open a PDF file in Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:
- Go to File Explorer and select for a PDF file.
- Right-click the PDF file, click Open with then select Microsoft Edge.
- Your PDF file will launch through Microsoft Edge.
How to annotate PDFs in Microsoft Edge
Follow these steps to annotate PDF in Microsoft Edge:
- Open any online PDF or a web page saved as PDF in the Edge browser. PDF toolbar will open when the PDF file opens.
- Click the downward arrow next to pen icon then choose a different colour and adjust the pen’s thickness.
- Hold down the left-click mouse button to start annotating anywhere in the PDF.
- If you want to remove a stroke or some scribbles, click the eraser button in the PDF toolbar.
How to highlight text in PDFs in Microsoft Edge.
To quickly highlight important text in PDF through Microsoft Edge, here are the steps:
- Select the text that you wish to highlight.
- Right-click then select highlights in the menu and choose the desired colour.
Note: You may adjust the thickness of the highlight by clicking the downward arrow button next to highlight.
How to add notes to a PDF in Microsoft Edge
You can include notes or comments with the highlighted text for reference purposes in the PDF files in Edge. That could be a remark, a comment about changing text, or a link. To add notes, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the highlighted text then select Add comment.
- Type the text on the comment box that will pop-up then click the checkmark to the lower right corner of the comment box to save notes.
- Hover over your mouse to the highlighted text to show the comment.
0 out Of 5 Stars