Tips & Tricks
- Show all articles ( 27 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 9 ) Collapse Articles
Install Visio and access Visio for the web
0 out Of 5 Stars
Visio is a software that can be used to create simple or complicated diagrams. it offers a wide variety of built-in shapes, objects, and stencils to work with.
It is Microsoft product that can be sold as an addition to MS Office. You can purchase the app by going to this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/visio/microsoft-visio-plans-and-pricing-compare-visio-options?OCID=oo_support_mix_marvel_ups_support_smcvisio_inline&rtc=1&activetab=tabs%3aprimaryr1 and choose which plan works for you.
What are the versions of Visio available?
- Visio Plan 1 is only accessible through the web app version only.
- You can install and use the desktop app if you have Visio Plan 2 or a non-subscription version such as Visio Professional or Visio Standard 2021, 2019, 2016, or 2013.
How to install Visio
Step 1: Link Visio with your account
To install Visio, a license must be linked to your Microsoft account or work or school account.
For Visio Professional (or Standard)
- Go to office.com/setup.
- Sign in with an existing or new Microsoft Account and enter your product key.
Once Visio is associated with your Microsoft account, you no longer need the product key. It will always be linked to your account, and you can re-download the app or manage your license from account.microsoft.com.
Visio Plan 2
Your work or school account should already have an assigned license for Visio Plan 2. Go on to Step 2. Contact your IT admin to get a Visio Plan 2 license assigned to you if you’re unable to complete Step 2.
Step 2: Sign in to download Visio
The account you sign in with depends which version of Visio you have.
Visio Professional (or Standard)
- Go to www.office.com then sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your one-time purchase version of Visio.
- Select Install Office from the Office homepage.
- In the account.microsoft.com portal, select Services and subscriptions from the header.
- Locate the version of Visio you want to install and select Install.
Visio Plan 2
- Go to www.office.com then sign in with the work or school account associated with this version of Visio.
- Select Install Office > Other install options from the Office homepage.
- From My Account, select Apps & devices.
- Find Visio from the list and choose your language and version (64-bit or 32-bit), then select Install Visio.
Step 3: Install Visio
- Depending on your browser, select Run (Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (Chrome), or Save File (Firefox). Select Yes if you see the User Account Control prompt that says Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?
- Once installation is finished, follow the instructions in the window to find Visio. For example, depending on your version of Windows, select Start and then scroll to find Visio from your list of apps.
0 out Of 5 Stars