Tips & Tricks
- Show all articles ( 29 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 9 ) Collapse Articles
How to stop syncing document libraries in OneDrive
0 out Of 5 Stars
If you’ve synced Microsoft OneDrive for work or school or a SharePoint site library to folders on your computer, you can stop syncing these folders at any time. When you stop syncing a folder, you disconnect the folder on your computer from the library on the server. You can always sync the library to your computer again.
If you want to stop syncing a file or folder, follow these steps:
- Click on a little blue cloud icon on taskbar.
- From the pop-up that appears, click Help & Settings.
- Another pop-up will appear, from there click Settings.
- Under the Account tab, click Stop sync.
- Clicking Stop sync will prompt to unlink OneDrive account and could remove files saved on PC.
- To select a folder to un-sync, click Choose folder.
- Click OK. All files that are already saved on the PC will be deleted.
How to delete the folder from windows explorer
Un-synced folder will still show on windows explorer but with red “x” mark.
- Right-click the folder then click Delete.
- Click OK to confirm.