How to share files via OneDrive
Let’s look at how you can easily share files on OneDrive and how you can get the most out of this feature. Using these tips, you will learn how you can share files both within your company, or externally if required.
Share via File Explorer
If you are using OneDrive and have set up the synchronization of OneDrive to your PC you can share them from File Explorer:
1. Right-click on the File name you wanted to Share via OneDrive then select Share (with the OneDrive icon).
2. Choose the permission for the item you’re sharing. Select the option and decide who you want to give access to the file and other settings.
3. Select Apply to set the settings. Then type the name or email address for who you want to share with and add a message.The click Send.
Share via OneDrive Website
1. Go to the OneDrive website and sign in with your Microsoft account. This is typically your company email address and the same password you use to log on to your computer or access your email.
2. Pick the file or folder you want to share by selecting the circle in the upper corner of the item. You can also pick multiple items to share them together.
3. Select Share at the top of the page.
4. Choose the permission for the item you’re sharing. Select the arrow and decide who you want to give access to the file.
5. Select Apply to set the settings. Then type the name or email address for who you want to share with and add a message.The click Send. You can also choose Copy Link and share the link in your own message or another file.
Accessing files shared to you by other people or accessing files shared by you
Files shared with you:
1. Here’s how you see files or folders shared with you. In the navigation pane, click Shared > Shared with me.
2. To sort or group the items by column, click a column and select an option from the drop-down list. For example, click the Date shared column and then select Older to newer or Group by Date shared.
Files you shared:
1. In the navigation pane, click Shared > Shared by me.
2. Before you open the file, you can see the number of views and viewers by pointing to the file name to show the file card. As the owner of this file, you also see the list of people who viewed the file, if your administrator has allowed you to see the viewers.
Accessing Document Libraries you have permissions to
To access Sharepoint Document libraries (files shared to the entire company) on OneDrive, Select the Company Name on the lower left Panel of OneDrive and choose the folders that you need.
Learn more about Sharing files via OneDrive: