Tips & Tricks
- Show all articles ( 21 ) Collapse Articles
How to change default programs in Windows 10
Last Updated On
byKnowledge Base Creator
0 out Of 5 Stars
You are here:
Changing default programs in Windows 10 is easy to do. In this article, we will show you two ways in which you can do it.
From File Explorer
- Go to File Explorer then select a file.
- Right-click the file then hover-over the mouse to Open with menu. Click Choose another app option.
- In the How do you want to open this file? selection window, choose an app on the list then tick the checkbox to the right of Always use this app to open. Click OK.
- On the Start menu, click Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Select one of the options that you want to change then select a replacement. For example, you wish to change your default browser. Click the app under Web browser then choose an app. If the app is not available, you may click Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to install the app you want to use.
- You may want your .pdf files, or mail, or music to automatically open using an app other than the one provided by Microsoft. To set this, scroll down the Default apps menu, and click Choose default apps by file type.
- Scroll down to the specific extension for which you want to set the default app. Click it and then select your preferred app.
Table of Contents