Tips & Tricks
- Show all articles ( 16 ) Collapse Articles
How to add a shortcut to shared folders in OneDrive
0 out Of 5 Stars
When someone shares a folder in Microsoft OneDrive, SharePoint, or Teams, you can add a shortcut to the shared folder in your OneDrive to easily find and work with the files.
As you deal with many files, you might want to save or bookmark certain folders so you can comeback to it later. In this article, we will show you how to use the Add Shortcut to My files option.
- In OneDrive, in the navigation pane, select Shared > Shared with me.
- Find the folder you want to add and click the circle in the folder’s tile to select it.
- Select Add shortcut to My files. You may also click the similar icon to the right of Share icon.
- You can also right-click the folder or click the ellipsis icon then select Add shortcut to My files.
- Go to My files and notice that the folder added has the icon.
Note: The Add shortcut to My files option is not available when:
- You’ve already added the folder to your OneDrive.
- You are selecting more than one folder. You can’t add multiple folders at the same time.
- The item you’re trying to add isn’t a folder. Add shortcut to My files option is not available for individual files.