Tips & Tricks
- Show all articles ( 16 ) Collapse Articles
Delay or schedule sending email messages in Outlook
0 out Of 5 Stars
When you click Send on an email, it is typically sent immediately. But what if you want to send it at a later time? Outlook allows you delay the sending of a single message or all email messages.
In this article, we will show you that you can delay the delivery of an individual message or you can use rules to delay the delivery of all messages by having them held in the Outbox for a specified time after you click Send.
Delay the delivery of a single message
- In the message, click the Options tab.
- Click More options arrow then Properties dialog box with other options will appear.
- Under Delivery options, check the box for Do not deliver before then select a date and time.
- Click Close.
- When you’re done composing your email message, click Send.
- After you click Send, the message remains in the Outbox folder until the delivery time.
- To change the delivery time or date, go to Outbox and open the email in a separate window then select Options > Delay Delivery, and reschedule a different send time.
Send a Delayed Email straight away
If you decide later that you want to send the message immediately, do the following:
- Switch to the Outbox folder.
- Open the delayed message.
- Click Options > More options arrow.
- Under Delivery options, clear the Do not deliver before check box.
- Click Close and Send.
How to Schedule or Delay Sending Email Messages in Outlook
Delay or schedule sending email messages
Schedule an Email to Be Sent at a Later Time in Outlook
How to Delay or Schedule Sending Mail in Office 365