Tips & Tricks
- Show all articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
Creating Applications and Shortcuts for Websites
0 out Of 5 Stars
Creating shortcuts and apps for Chrome
Add and open Chrome apps
You can add and open apps from the Chrome Web Store.
Add a shortcut to a website as an app
- Open Chrome.
- Navigate to the website you want to add as an app, then click More (three vertical dots on the upper right corner).
- Click More tools > Create shortcut.
- Enter a name for the shortcut and click Create. Make sure to tick the Open as window checkbox.
- Shortcut will look like this:
- Open Chrome. In the address bar at the top, type chrome://apps, then press Enter.
- Click the app you want to open. Right click an app to open it in a regular or pinned tab, full screen, or new window.
- You can also add this website app to Start Menu. Just click on Create shortcuts…
If you choose Desktop shortcut, it will look like this:
And on Start menu, it will be under Chrome Apps folder.
Once you click on the website shortcut, it will open and looks like an application now.
Creating shortcuts for Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge. Navigate to the website you want to add a taskbar shortcut.
- Click More on the upper right corner, then click More tools > Pin to taskbar.
- You can also pin a website on the Start Menu by selecting More tools > Pin to Start.
Learn more about creating applications and shortcuts for websites here:
Add & open Chrome apps – Chrome Web Store Help (google.com)
Creating a desktop shortcut to a website in Windows 10 with Edge. – Microsoft Community
0 out Of 5 Stars