Cleaning the document feeder glass assembly for marks on the page when copying
How to place originals in the automatic document feeder
· Originals of different sizes can be placed together in the automatic document feeder. In that case, configure
the mixed size original setting in each mode.
· Be sure to remove staples or paper clips (if there is) before placing the originals in the automatic
· If originals have damp spots due to correction fluid, ink, or glue, wait until the originals are dry before
placing them. Otherwise, the interior of the machine or the document glass may
· Do not use the following originals as it may cause incorrect original size detection, original misfeeds,
and smudges on transmitted images or copy results:
o Transparency film or mother print paper
o Tracing paper, carbon paper, thermal paper
o Heavily creased or curled originals
o Damaged originals, folded originals
o Originals that have pasted sections or cut-out holes
o Originals printed with thermal transfer ink ribbon
· When using originals with two or three holes, place them so that the punched edge is at a position away from
the feed slot of the document feeder tray.
Allowed original sizes
Minimum original size
(Minimum size that can be automatically detected)
8-1/2″ (longitudinal) × 5-1/2″ (transversal)
210 mm (longitudinal) × 148 mm (transversal)
(Minimum size that can be specified manually)
5-1/2″ (longitudinal) × 5-1/2″ (transversal)
140 mm (longitudinal) × 140 mm (transversal)
Maximum original size
(Maximum size that can be automatically detected)
11″ (longitudinal) × 17″ (transversal)
297 mm (longitudinal) × 420 mm (transversal) or A3
A3W cannot be used.
(Maximum size that can be specified manually)
11-5/8″ (longitudinal) × 17″ (transversal)
297 mm (longitudinal) × 432 mm (transversal)
Image send mode:
11″ (longitudinal) × 39-3/8″ (transversal)
297 mm (longitudinal) × 1000 mm (transversal)
Allowed original weights
One-sided scanning: 9 lbs bond to 110 lbs index (38 g/m2 – 205 g/m2)
Two-sided scanning: 13 lbs bond to 110 lbs index (52 g/m2 – 205 g/m2)
Note: When scanning originals from 9 lbs bond to 13 lbs bond (38 g/m2 – 49 g/m2), select Slow Scan Mode in each mode. Scanning without using Slow Scan Mode may result in original misfeeds. When Slow Scan Mode is selected, two-sided originals cannot be scanned.
- Make sure that there is no original on the document glass.
- Adjust the original guides to the size of the original.
- Place the original.
o A maximum of 250 sheets of originals can be placed.
o Make sure the edges of the originals are even.
o Insert the originals with the top page facing up all the way into the document feeder tray.
o The stack of originals must not be higher than the indicator line on the document feeder tray.
o After scanning is finished on the automatic document feeder, remove originals from the original exit tray.
Toshiba e-STUDIOTM Multifunction Printer (MFP) Cleaning Guide
- Use a soft cloth and alcohol for disinfection (ethanol).
- Be sure to turn the power off before cleaning to avoid malfunction.
- Do not directly spray alcohol on the MFP. Dampen a soft cloth and then gently wipe the MFP.
- Areas recommended for cleaning:
o Control panel (LCD, buttons, keys, etc.)
o Platen cover or covers in the Document Feeder
o Side guides in the Document Feeder
o Jam access cover
o Side guides in the bypass tray