Tips & Tricks
- Show all articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
Change Default PDF Viewer
Last Updated On
byKnowledge Base Creator
0 out Of 5 Stars
You are here:
Use the steps below to open your PDF images and documents in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
Change the default program for opening PDFs to Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Click the Windows Start button then select Settings.
- Open Default Apps.
- Scroll to the bottom of the right column and click on Choose default apps by file type.
- Locate the file type you need to set a default app for (.pdf for this example). To the right is the program that is currently set as default, or the box with a “+” sign it it that says Choose a default. Click on the program name or “+” box to set a default app.
- When the Choose an app dialog box opens, click on the app you want to use (Adobe Acrobat Reader DC in this example) as the default. If no app is shown, click on Look for an app in the Store. This will open the Windows Store and you can then search by file type for a program.
- Try to open one of these files to make sure it uses the app you selected.
Table of Contents